Friday 5 July 2013

Well, That Was.....EASY??!!

I wrote earlier this week, on Monday to be exact, about my mother turning my boys' grant applications in for me so that I didn't have to miss work.  I am here to tell you that for once, when I did something right, I got results and FAST.  I got letters in the mail today for both Jack and Nate, and they both received full funding.  What does this mean? In Nate's case it means that sending him to Cisco Center will be much less of a financial strain for us for awhile.  I can feel better than good about sending him- he loves it and it's financially feasible.  For Jack, it means that he is going to be able to start one on one, special needs swim lessons!!!  And he will get to continue them for most of the year.

This is a wonderful day for our family.  So often the hurdles autism families face seem insurmountable.  We jump through so many hoops, and at the end of the obstacle course we see messages like "warning, these services may not be covered for a diagnosis of autism."  It feels pretty damn good to do the work and achieve the desired outcome.  Go our family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment