Friday 26 July 2013

A Simple Wish

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/52582150#52582150

My mom was here today and told me about this story which was on the  NBC Nightly News the other night.  I encourage you all to watch.  Of course this woman's story hits very close to home for me, being the mom of two boys with autism myself.  And the pure joy she feels at her son's accomplishment is something that every autism parent strives for on a daily basis.  Kudos to NBC News for putting this on their broadcast.  A dose of reality for everyone- what we wish for more than anything else in the world is for our child to communicate with us.  The day Nate said "I want cup" will go down as one of the best days of my life- now if only he would start saying it again....

No comments:

Post a Comment