Monday 22 July 2013

Are You Freaking Kidding Me???

If you recall, a few weeks ago I was ready to pull out of the memantine study at Children's National Medical Center after they messed up Jack's blood draw, stuck him twice and wanted him to come back in for a third go at it.
http://jackandnatesmom.blogspot.com/2013/07/livid.html

OK, so that blood draw went pretty well, I put EMLA on right as we left the house, no biggie.  They apologized and things were ok.  Tomorrow is our next visit, just routine.  We had to reschedule, no big deal.  I just got a voice mail.  They forgot to add one of the tubes to the blood draw last time.  Long story short, they "need" to draw his blood again!!!!

Honest to pete.  All of this for 3 tubes of blood?  It would be one thing if he was supposed to get his blood drawn each time he was seen.  At least then I could have prepared him.  Instead, they leave me this message at almost 7pm when the only way I convinced Jack the visit would be fine tomorrow was by telling him that this time he didn't have to get a test.  Now mommy is a liar.  And I am really questioning the competence of this team.  This kind of screw up is one thing the first time, but when it keeps happening over and over again- well I'm starting to wonder.

Grrrrrrr.......

No comments:

Post a Comment