Friday 18 January 2013

Flu in Aisle Two!

Sigh, sigh, sigh, and then cough, cough, cough.  We have followed medical advice and not given the flu shot to the boys the past few years.  In the pediciatrician's eyes the risks outweigh the benefits and I don't disagree.  Except maybe right now I do- we all 4 have been tested and are flu positive.  Lemmee tell ya, when they tested me on Wednesday at my PCP and it came back positive, the NP walked back in wearing a mask, handed me one, and then ushered me out the SIDE door.  We all got Tamiflu- and about 30 minutes after I took the first dose, I was "raging".  Ridiculous anxiety, pacing the floor for hours- I have been deemed allergic to Tamiflu now. 

Family bonding?  Not so much.  Let's call it family "binding".  Keep your fingers crossed this passes soon- I have cabin fever already and I. MISS.  SCHOOL.  Jack of course, is running around like a maniac- isn't that how everyone acts when they are sick???

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! FYI - flu shots usually make me feel somewhat "off" or sick all season so I stopped them years ago. Sensativity to drugs does not surprise me either. I'm allergic to most and rely on homeopathics. Call your auntie if you want my list...

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete