Sunday 13 January 2013

Feeling Lost

This will be short and sweet because with a migraine and complete lack of sleep I don't have energy for much more.  Met with the advocate this morning and am completely overwhelmed.  With two boys on the spectrum whom you love more than life there is never enough money, enough time, or enough resources.  That being said, this is a step.  I have to find a way somehow for that to be enough for right now.  The advocate has a wealth of knowledge and many ideas, certainly much to add- these are the positives.  The negatives?  I feel completely inadequate as a mother and advocate for my children.  There is so much I don't know, so many directions I am just not aware of.  The boys' IEP's are completely lacking and I haven't known enough to fight for the right things.  Just when you think you are making some progress, you feel like you are told you are 30 steps behind where you thought you were.  It's just disheartening.  It also reemphasizes our need for help.  So help is what we are going to get. 

1 comment:

  1. You do SO MUCH better than some parents my mom encountered in her work. You need to give yourself credit for this.

    I say that because my mom told me a story of a girl from China who just had one semester there. She is in 4th grade and mainstreamed. But, the problem is aside from lack of education, her mom doesn't even know the process of getting an IEP started. Sure, the mom said that she has a diagnosis of CP in China. But the fact that the mom doesn't have paperwork to verify the CP is a major obstacle.

    ReplyDelete