Monday 26 November 2012

Rough First Day


I thought it would be a little bus....but it was BIG.  Too big for my almost 3 yr old.  There were safety "harnesses" inside, just not what I was expecting.  Today was Nate's first day at his new school.  He liked the bus.  And that was all he liked.  We'll get there, just more adjustments. 

Nate, blissfully unaware that I was about the throw him under the bus- sorry I couldn't resist.











I set myself up to have a crappy day although I really didn't mean to.  I had scheduled myself to volunteer in Jack's classroom today long before I knew that Nate would be switching schools today too.  And I didn't want to back out at the last minute.  So after I put my precious cargo on the bus and had a good cry, I went in to Jack's school and played "What's Gnu" with the kids.  It was kind of fun.  I finished up around 11:30, got home around 11:40 and got a call from Nate's teacher at about 11:45.  She said that somehow the transportation people had only gotten a request for Nate to be taken to school, not home.  I guess they thought he would hitch it?  So he was sitting there all by himself with the teacher.  I went to go get him and the teacher let me know that he cried most of the morning and only calmed down during snack- that's my boy- we love our food.  I know it will get better- this was just not how I wanted his first day to go.  Did I mention that the sitter wasn't able to come today?  So Nate and I made calls together all afternoon.  Some days I wonder what the heck I think I'm doing.  Today was one of those days- just felt incompetent all around.  The best part was when I was driving to get Nate and the all Christmas radio station started playing "Run Run Rudolph."  Perfectly fit the theme of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment