Saturday 25 May 2013

That New Swing Smell

You can give Jack credit for this very umm, creative title. 

John and I dug in today and worked on the OT space we have been planning for the boys.  The swing I bought on craigslist literally came over night, we already have a trampoline and a sand and water table to put beans in.  Today I found a gym mat for $25 on craigslist.  I will probably want a second one at some point, but it's a great start.

First we had to clear out the front of the garage, which was a MESS.  This took about an hour and a half.  Then I went over to the kids' private OT office and inspected their swing set-up.  Between that and some very excellent pictures of a swivel hook by Meghan Gallagher Houder, we were in business.  Brave woman that I am, I went to the hardware store and found all of the stuff- bought the 300lb load bearing variety.  I know the boys are tiny but the swing is moving and gravity is at play, so I didn't want to take any chances. 



And voila, now we are cooking with gas.


The only downside was that the boys were fighting over the swing this afternoon.  Which is a good downside I suppose.  The trampoline had been buried in the garage for awhile- Nathan went right over to it and had a blast working on his jumping.  Even though he does this every week at OT, he previously hated the trampoline at our house.  He would pretty much climb under it and lie there looking at the netting.  If I tried to put him on it he would scream.  So that's progress for sure.

As for the "new swing smell"?  Here you go.....



Where this came from we have no idea!  It's not even a quote unless someone has been showing him secret new swing smell videos?  Yeah, no.  

No comments:

Post a Comment