Thursday 20 December 2012

Up Close and Personal

As mothers we all have the privilege of having that extra special "close" relationship with our little ones.  I know daddies have it too, but I still feel like there are certain things that are saved for me- booboo's, illness, tantrums, and some extra special snuggling to make up for all of that.  Nathan has taken these special privileges to a whole new level.  He has taken to waking up in the middle of the night lately- he may have done it in the past and put himself back to sleep because he was still confined to the crib, but now that he's in a toddler bed all bets are off.  So long story short, I have ended up sleeping in a toddler bed with him for several hours several nights a week.  My back is suffering big time.  I think there is a misconception out there that kids with autism are not affectionate, don't like to be close to people.  Couldn't be further from the truth with Nate- seriously couldn't. be.

Instead Nate likes to be extra close.  He likes his face literally touching mine at all times when in bed, he likes our noses touching.  Sometimes even this is not enough, he likes to splay his body on my head.  And fall asleep that way.  And wake up if I try to move him.  Awesome. 


Oops, published when I didn't want it to.  Anyhoo, so last night went to a whole new level.  I passed out in the toddler bed, face to face with Nate and woke bc my cheek was wet.  The boy was licking the palm of his hand and rubbing it on my face.  Guess I wasn't very entertaining when I was asleep.  His reign of goofiness has continued this morning- carrying as many balloons as possible while running around the house, deciding to continually hit the menu button on the TV just to make Jack mad.....this boy has ants in his pants today!!!





Brotherly Love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment