Monday 24 September 2012

New Directions

I had a very insightful conversation last night.  I spoke with one of John and my family members, who also has experience with having children with autism.  I won't go into more detail than that as I do not know if this person is comfortable with it, but needless to say, she also has multiple sons on the spectrum.  They are older than our kids and she was fighting this battle with half the resources I have, and did amazing things for those kids.  I have had her phone number for months, but for some reason I felt very hesitant to call- I am so glad that I did. 

Family commonalities.  In health conditions, in manifestations.  It is mind boggling to me.  And such a huge wealth of information.  I now have several new avenues to explore for the boys.  I am not saying that it is a guarantee that these will also be issues for my kids, but they are definitely areas that I should address, as this is the closest link we have had thus far.  So I will be looking for a gastroenterologist in this area, and I will be asking them to test for certain enzymes, and to look at the yeast/bacteria balance in the gut more carefully.  Asking them to take a closer look at Nate's immune system.  And hormone levels.  Say a prayer for us that some of these things pan out.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment